Karnataka Boss Priest Siddaramaiah has reported a significant change in the state’s leader government assistance plot, Anna Bhagya, which gives free rice to Underneath Neediness Line (BPL) families. From July 10, the recipients of the plan will get cash rather than rice in their financial balances.
The CM said that this choice was taken to engage poor people and give them more decisions in purchasing food grains.
What is Anna Bhagya Plan? Anna Bhagya Plan is a plan sent off by Siddaramaiah in 2013 when he was the CM interestingly. The plan intends to give 10 kg of free rice to each BPL and Antyodaya cardholder consistently. The plan was one of the five ensures guaranteed by the Congress in its statement for the 2023 get together decisions. The other four certifications are:
- Gruha Jyothi: A plan to give let loose power to 200 units each month to BPL families.
- Arogya Bhagya: A plan to give free medical services to all residents through an organization of government clinics and impaneled private clinics.
- Shikshana Bhagya: A plan to give free training from pre-essential to present graduation level on all understudies having a place with SC, ST, OBC, and minority networks.
- Kisan Bhagya: A plan to offer a base help cost of Rs 2,500 for each quintal for paddy and Rs 4,000 for every quintal for sugarcane to ranchers.Why cash rather than rice? The CM said that the choice to change from rice to cash was taken subsequent to talking with specialists and recipients. He said that the primary purposes behind this change are:
- To decrease the weight on the state exchequer: The state government spends about Rs 6,000 crore each year on securing and dispersing rice under Anna Bhagya Plan. The CM expressed that by giving money, the public authority can save about Rs 2,000 crore each year.
- To keep away from wastage and pilferage: The CM expressed that there are numerous grumblings of rice getting harmed or taken during transportation and capacity. He expressed that by giving money, the public authority can guarantee that the recipients get the full advantage of the plan.
- To give more decision and respect to poor people: The CM expressed that by giving money, the public authority can engage poor people and give them more opportunity in purchasing food grains of their decision and inclination. He said that this will likewise upgrade their nobility and sense of pride.
How much money will be given? The CM said that how much money given to every recipient will be founded on the market cost of rice.
He expressed that during the current month, the public authority has fixed the rate at Rs 30 for each kg of rice. In this manner, every recipient will get Rs 300 every month in their ledger. He said that this rate will be changed consistently founded on the common market cost.
How might the money be moved? The CM said that the money would be moved straightforwardly to the ledgers of the recipients through Direct Advantage Move (DBT). He said that the recipients should connect their Aadhaar number with their financial balance and their proportion card. He said that this will guarantee straightforwardness and responsibility in the plan.
What are the difficulties and advantages of this change? The change from rice to cash has been met with blended responses from different partners. A portion of the difficulties and advantages of this change are:
- Accessibility and openness of food grains: A few specialists and activists have raised worries that giving money rather than rice might influence the accessibility and availability of food grains for poor people. They have contended that there might be variances in the organic market of food grains in various areas, which might prompt value rises or deficiencies. They have likewise brought up that a few recipients might not have simple admittance to markets or banks where they can purchase food grains or pull out cash.
- Quality and amount of food admission: A few specialists and activists feel a little wary about the effect of giving money rather than rice on the quality and amount of food admission of poor people. They have recommended that a few recipients might involve the money for different purposes or purchase substandard quality or less amount of food grains than what they used to get under the Anna Bhagya Plan.
- Checking and assessment: A few specialists and activists have likewise addressed how the public authority will screen and assess the viability and effect of giving money rather than rice on the dietary status and prosperity of poor people. They have asked how the public authority will guarantee that the recipients are involving the money for purchasing food grains and not so much for different purposes.
- Cost-viability and proficiency: A few specialists and activists have invited the change from rice to cash as a savvy and effective approach to conveying government assistance advantages to poor people. They have adulated the public authority for setting aside open cash and diminishing wastage and pilferage of rice. They have likewise valued the public authority for involving DBT as a straightforward and responsible component for moving money to the recipients.
- Strengthening and poise of poor people: A few specialists and activists have likewise praised the change from rice to cash as an approach to enabling and exalting poor people. They have lauded the public authority for giving more decision and opportunity to the poor in purchasing food grains and inclination. They have additionally recognized the public authority for regarding the organization and independence of poor people.
End The change from rice to cash under Anna Bhagya Plan is a strong and inventive move by the Karnataka government. It mirrors the public authority’s obligation to satisfy its commitments and give government assistance advantages to poor people. In any case, the change additionally represents a difficulties and dangers that should be tended to and moderated by the public authority.
The public authority needs to guarantee that the change doesn’t antagonistically influence the accessibility, availability, quality, and amount of food grains for poor people.
The public authority additionally needs to screen and assess the effect of the change on the healthful status and prosperity of poor people.
The change from rice to cash under Anna Bhagya Plan is a possible major advantage in friendly government assistance. It can set a model for different states and nations to follow.
Notwithstanding, it likewise requires cautious preparation, execution, and assessment to guarantee its prosperity and supportability.