Over $90K — and Counting — Raised to Help Family After Their Work Truck Was Stolen on Live TV During Chase

Logo

More than $90,000 has been raised to assist Andres Benitez and his family, who with having a finishing business in California, after their fresh out of the box new truck was taken in a pursuit that broadcasted live on neighborhood TV.

Three vehicles, including the family’s work truck, were taken Wednesday after a man escaped a traffic stop in Fullerton, as per NBC subsidiary KNBC.

tvguidetime.com

At a certain point during the two-hour pursue, the 32-year-old driver constrained his direction into the family’s home in Whittier, the power source revealed.

“Occupants from the house drove the suspect out of their home, yet not before the suspect got their vehicle key,” the Los Angeles Region Sheriff’s Specialization told Individuals in an explanation.
“The suspect then drove off with their pickup truck and ran away from the area.” The suspect was subsequently captured by specialists, yet the truck supported weighty harm, per KNBC.

After the trial, Benitez began a GoFundMe crusade in order to fund-raise to take care of the expenses of the devices that were inside the vehicle so the family could work.

In the span of 24 hours, more than $80,000 had been raised, as per FOX partner KTTV.

Starting around Friday evening, that number expanded to more than $94,000 thanks to the almost 2,500 individuals who have given.

“It’s simply astounding,” Benitez told KTTV on Thursday. “Simply something contacted my heart.”


Benitez said they had just bought the truck three weeks earlier, as per ABC subsidiary KABC-television. Talking with KNBC, he said that it had required two years to put something aside for the buy. “When I saw him start the truck, I realized it was finished, and it made meextremely upset,” Benitez said, per KTTV.

The Los Angeles Province Sheriff’s Specialization told Individuals “the suspect is at present being hung on a parole infringement awaiting additional charges.”

“This was clearly an unbelievably risky pursuit including a suspect who had no respect for public security, for the drivers in the city and the cops in question,” Capt. Jon Radus, a Fullerton Police Division representative, told The Los Angeles Times. “The fact that nobody was genuinely harmed makes me basically appreciative.”

The Fullerton Police Office didn’t quickly answer Individuals’ solicitation for input. In a Friday update to the GoFundMe lobby, Benitez said policing informed the family that the vehicle had been taken shots at and is “presently viewed as a feature of proof,” meaning they probably won’t approach the hardware for the rest of the case.

Fortunately, he added, the family has gotten sufficient cash through gifts to supplant all that they lost.

Andres’ more youthful brother, Antonio Benitez, additionally offered his thanks to each and every individual who has upheld them.

“I’m so grateful in light of the fact that that is my entire privately-owned company’s not too far off,” Antonio said during a meeting with KTTV.

“From the lower part of our entire existence, from the Benitez family, from everybody here, many thanks.”

Another man, whose fridge truck was taken as a component of Wednesday’s pursuit, has likewise begun a GoFundMe.

John Reynolds let KABC know that the leader of his property holder affiliation called him about the occurrence as he was leaving Knott’s Berry Homestead with his loved ones.

Up until this point, Reynolds’ pledge drive has earned more than $27,000 in gifts. “Much obliged to you for showing my family love and backing,” he wrote in a message.